CloakCoin v220.127.116.11 (2x4) wallet update
Dear Cloak Community,
A new wallet update has been released to ensure the network remains safe!
We're very pleased to announce the new CloakCoin Wallet 18.104.22.168 (2x4)
This version fixes a possible vulnerability in the staking algorithm
We've come to realize there is a flaw in the algorithm that could enable a staker with a significantly large amount of coins ("whale") to create/stake a large number of blocks (possibly sequences) by not splitting or merging their coins - this is only possible by manually modifying the client & creating custom binaries (aka a malicious actor). This is a consensus rule change - it will be applied via super-majority functionality, the sooner everyone upgrades, the better. Blocks version 5 will have the new check enforced at 75% ISM(v5), blocks version 4 (current) will be rejected at 85% ISM(v5), counting the last 20160 blocks.
If you're running a v3 electron wallet, update your associated daemon with one from these binaries or compile one from the new code.
- Windows daemon fix, force USE_LEVELDB, was not working properly before, especially enigma sends
- Fix for banscore being applied with Enigma turned off and receiving Enigma messages/data, improves connectivity
- Version bump, onion layers bump to 25 - should improve Enigma performance (less dependency & assumption of network topology)
- New commands added to the daemon (type help in console)
- Improved enigma send security & consistency with the QT code - please use the new sendenigma command to send your coins more securely via daemon/console
- Added tolerance for Enigma network delays and people that don't know how to set up their clock properly :) (but seriously, SET/SYNCHRONIZE YOUR CLOCK!) Primarily a bug-fix release, Version 22.214.171.124 'rEVOLUTION' also brings the ENIGMA Engine Version 1.2 to CloakCoin users.